Choosing the Right Pest Control Services for Your Boston Property
Helping You Get What You Need to Stay Healthy and Comfortable
If you are experiencing pest problems in Boston, Cambridge, Waltham, Gloucester, Plymouth, Needham, Lynn, Malden, or any other community within the Eastern Massachusetts area, and need to contact a pest control and management company, you want to know that you will receive the professional service the job requires. You expect the issue to be taken care of quickly and efficiently by a knowledgeable, experienced pest control technician. Prompt attention and customer service are important. When seeking the services of a highly qualified pest management company, it is important to properly vet any company you consider.
What to Ask Your Pest Control Company
- Ask if the company has experience with your type of pest problem. Some companies specialize in certain areas of pest control, but you will want one that has expertise with your specific problem.
- Find out if the company licensed and insured.
- Ask if there are any guarantees. If termites are the issue, inquire about liability insurance in the event the company is unable to completely eliminate the infestation.
- Inquire as to which chemicals will be used and how they will be applied in your home or business. In most cases, you will want to opt for limited amounts and limited distribution. Note that warmer climates may require a wider usage.
Do Your Research
- Get references. Nothing beats a recommendation from former customers, so go with a pest control company that comes with referrals from friends or relatives who have used them.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints against the company. Your state will also have a similar list.
- Get at least 2 or 3 estimates; then compare the services offered and the charges before making a choice.
Know what You’re Getting
- Find out what the company plans to do in the way of prevention. How long will the servicing take? How often might they have to return to perform inspections, cleanup, etc?
- Understand how often treatments are repeated and how many treatments are covered in the contract.
- For termite contracts, find out if the damaged wood will be replaced and when re-inspections will occur. Also, learn where treatment stations will be placed and what types of chemicals will be used. Ask for the labels from all chemicals used.
- Ask how long the service agreement extends. You will want to know how many months your home or business will be under contract for service.
- Depending on the particular pest, your service professional should always perform the services as covered in the contract or agreement. Do not expect anything to be done if it is not in writing. Make sure you understand all aspects of the agreement before you sign any paperwork. Take notes and do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Your Trusted Local Source
General Environmental Services, Inc. has extensive experience with a wide variety of commercial and residential pest control services. Read our services page to find out more information about what services are available. We pride ourselves in exterminating all kinds of pests, including:
- Bed bugs
- Bees & wasps
- Centipedes & millipedes
We also offer wildlife animal control information, an FAQ section, and more great customer resources. Contact us today to see how we go above and beyond other pest control companies to get you phenomenal results!
“Dan is a fabulous technician and great to deal with! I highly recommended this company.”- Angela M.
Experience that Matters
Locally Owned & Operated